Monday, March 16, 2009

An obsession with food


I truly am seeing a trend in this blog that I never meant to foster. Since I write about food, I must be preoccupied.

But you don't understand.......I have to write about this again today because my cousins and I had lunch at Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House. I had a spoonful of the following:
Spiced beets
candied yams
cheesy mashed potatoes
pole beans
black-eyed peas
dressing and gravy
cole slaw
turnip greens
cabbage
squash
beef stew
fried chicken
blueberry cobbler
cornbread

I didn't make room for
red rice
white rice
lima beans
okra succotash

Truth is, there were probably 3 or 4 more dishes on the table that I can't remember.

Everything seasoned to southern-soulful perfection. It's been 6 hours since I ate, and I am still stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment