Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Worship of False Idols

Yesterday's blog could actually fall into this catagory.

Today the traffic light gods smiled upon me and blessed my journey into the city. Starting at the traffic light at King George Boulevard, I scooted through all of the following green lights with no risk of a yellow or red:

Rio Road
Apache Avenue
Middleground Road
Armstrong College
Mercy Blvd.
Largo Dr.
Home Depot Plaza
Wilshire Blvd.
Tibet Ave.
Television Circle
Montgomery Cross Roads
Best Buy Plaza
White Bluff Rd.
Mall Blvd.
Eisenhower Dr.
Stephenson Ave.
Jackson Blvd.

I could have gone through Lee Blvd. but this is where I chose to take a left turn. As I waited for the red light to cede to green for the turn, I could tell that if I had continued my path, I would have cruised through the Twelve Oaks Plaza light, and with some acceleration, I could have made the green on DeRenne Ave.

What happened this morning happens with the same frequency as snow in Savannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment