Friday, November 13, 2009

Change of Seasons


I enjoy the gradual change of every season. In a dozen weeks, I will be hoping for snow (which is extremely rare) and 20 degrees so I can cozy up with a cup of cocoa. After a few weeks of that, I will be longing for the sunshine and flowers of spring, and the ability to drop the top of the convertible. I will soon tire of that and anticipate the hot temps of the summer, and the comfort of tank tops and flip flops. Then it won't take long before the heat and humidity take its toll and I look forward to Autumn.

My only regret is that I don't live in New England. I have always thought of fall as starting in late September, early October, yet after 47 years in southeast Georgia I should have figured out our leaves don't change colors until Thanksgiving - or after. Oh well. Thanks to Tropical Depression Ida and a low front, we have had a few crisp days.

I wore my oversized yellow fleece for the entire day yesterday, inside and out. Snuggly goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment