Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hotels

Being a travel agent spoiled me rotten. One of the perks was being sent away to far-off destinations on "Fam" (familiarization) trips. Tour wholesales never put us up at the Econolodge or Days Inn; nay, top-of-the-line properties were always provided for lodging. How else would you expect the agent to sell said properties?

My tastes now run champagne on my beer salary. I find the Hampton Inn to be slumming it.

Many of my friends look for moderate accommodations when travelling. Their logic, "you are only going to be in the room to sleep". That makes perfect sense. For myself, I don't think I'm illogical, but I want upscale. My rational is that I live 365 days a year in modest conditions, and vacation is all about escaping the daily grind, ergo, splurge on accommodations!

My next trip isn't for fun, but for work. My lodging is booked and I will see you at the Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago Hotel. At least I will be able to indulge in my guilty pleasure after 5pm while there.

No comments:

Post a Comment