Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Going to the movies

It always amazes me the number of people who are willing to go bootleg on this. Not that I wouldn't have an opinion on criminal activity (would I do that?), my main questions is "how could you possibly enjoy the experience?".

Most movies were designed for the BIG SCREEN. The scenery, the dolby sound, the experience does not transcend to the computer screen or television. To this day, I still remember the surprise that enveloped the crowd in the opening scene of Star Wars. When that Imperial starship emerged and crossed the screen, everyone sucked in their breath - never before had an effect of that magnitude been presented in a movie and it was awesome.


See what I mean? For any of you who haven't ever seen this a a movie theatre, this youtube does it no justice.

The plot might be interesting, but without the cinematography and sound effects, ya got nothin.

Do I like paying $10 a pop for an hour and a half of entertainment? No, but that's why the movie theatre is a guilty pleasure, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment