Friday, January 30, 2009

Tax Refunds

Last year was the first time in over a decade I owed the fed. Nobody wants to be in that position. Over the course of 2008, I changed the deductions through my employeers, thereby more taxes deducted per pay check.

The internet makes filing so easy and you get your refund back so quickly! After 45 minutes of going through the steps, I can now look forward to that money hitting my bank in a couple of weeks.

I have obligations. I need to be responsible. The mechanic told me I would need new brakes before the end of the year. A chunk paid on the plastic would get rid of so many finance charges. My coworkers would appreciate seeing me in something other than the same slacks and loafers I wear 9 out of 10 days.

Get real. It's a tax refund. Time I got the 32" LCD HDTV I've had my eye on. That little twinge of guilt will irritate me when the new season of "Survivor" starts up.

No comments:

Post a Comment