Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Judgement of Others

This is the guilty pleasure that will come back and bite me in the ass one day.

I live in a (relatively) small city - Savannah. When you have lived in one place most of your life, and your family has roots at this place going back several generations, chances are you either personally know or know by association a large percentage of the residents in the area.

Every day our county posts the arrests from the prior 24 hours, listing names, offenses, bails, birthdates, and mugshots. Oh, don't get all irritated about this. If you break the law and are arrested, it is a matter of public record. My inquisitiveness is justified.

Problem is, once every month or so, I will see someone who I either personally know, or I know they are the child/parent/cousin/co-worker/boy-girlfriend/anyrelation of someone else I know. Lord, the gossip potential!

I also like looking at the mugshots of people I don't even know, especially prostitutes, and think "who would pay for THAT?!?".

But you know what will happen, one day the table will be turned. Karma is a female dog.

In case you are as nosy as me, I want to share my guilty pleasure with you. Just go to this site:
http://www.chathamcounty.org/jims/jail/

No comments:

Post a Comment