Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pottymouth


My siblings and I enjoyed the finest private education my parents could buy during grade and high school. One benefit derived from such a studious youth was an expanded vocabulary.
At the time, I did not value the tedius memorization of thousands of lists. Now I appreciate the communicative diversity which flows from my lips. This talent, though, pales in comparison to the longshoreman's diatribe which can quickly spew from my sweet mouth (if the moment demands it).

Surprisingly, the same schools which prided themselves on college preperatory academics fostered a sub-culture of students who pleasured in rebellion. Where better to practice profanity than an all-girl's school? Those plaid kilts, white socks, pony-tails and pearl necklaces prove that looks can be decieving. Upon entering college, I was courted to be a little sister for one of the frats based on my "party-appeal"; this freshman girl could make senior boys blush in conversation.

I am not trying to keep this blog "family-friendly", but I'm also not here to brag by producing a canon of words you already know. Therefore, simply imagine a reaction to this: lying on a tropical beach, drifting in and out of a nap, enjoying a steel-drum band, then suddenly experiencing an ice-bath when the drunk idiot from 2 rooms down trips while passing you carrying 3 bahama-mamas.

Today's Guilty Pleasure - well, George Carlin said it best.

No comments:

Post a Comment