Monday, January 26, 2009

Plastic



This is the guilty pleasure that will drive you to your grave.
Master Card, Visa, AMEX, Discover, Carte Blanche.
Marketing for these companies has become so successful that many of us cannot function without them. One must have one to rent a car, make a hotel reservation, establish good credit for a mortgage, etc.
When I was young, the only credit card around was Bank America (later VISA). No adult I knew had credit cards. Now everyone has a minimum of at least 4 or 5. Even my daughter got a credit card at 18 years old.

I have whittled my way down to two and that is 2 too many. If I can ever avoid temptation enough to get them paid in full, I swear they are hitting the shredder.

In the mean time, oh my gawd, Dillard's is having a sale on the Gianni Bini shoes I like! Cha-ching! Guilty again.

No comments:

Post a Comment